MWENGE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY (MWECAU) ICT CENTRE
The Systems Administration Unit aims at providing services and support to staff and students on ICT related issues at Mwenge Catholic University and the general public, so as to enable the University to effectively fulfill its core functions. The Unit activities includes;
- Maintenance and repair of ICT facilities at the University;
- Manage various systems and software at the University;
- Maintain and extend the University network infrastructure;
- To develop various software as required by the University;
- Create awareness to the University community on the use of ICT related systems;Advice the University management on ICT issues, procedures and plans.
MWECAU has a fibre optic internet connection and a computing unit to provide services for word processing, data analysis, and internet access for extracting pertinent information from international databases. Students and staff access ICT facilities from the library, the computing centre and around the campus whereby wireless facility available throughout the campus.
University Management System (UMS)
In order to keeping track of the students and staff records the university has installed the University Management System (UMS). The UMS manages the student’s examination results, academic background, registration, printing IDs, and staff profiles.
The ICT department provides students various services including the following:-
- E-journal from COTUL that can be accessed directly from the university website plus access to a local database with more than 6000 e-books.
- General ICT advice
- Reporting ICT faults or problems
- How to use computing facilities