Mwenge catholic university library is a four storey building located centrally in MWECAU .It has over 50,000 volumes of books both printed and electronic resources. The subject fields covered ranges from sciences, education, arts, languages and others. The information materials comprises of books, journals, videos and compacts disks. It has a seating capacity of over 1000 students. The library has both wired network and wireless network where students can access online materials inside and outside the library. The library has a good assortment of modern computers systems whereby students who don’t have their own laptops can access the information they require online.
MWECAU library acquires books regularly thus ensuring up to date books helpful in research purposes.
The library has also subscribed to online journals through COTUL (Consortium of Tanzania University Libraries).
It comprises of special reserve section that has rare books, East Africana materials, thesis and dissertations, and reference collection.
It houses the general collection, the reading area, computers for browsing and internet searching by students. The service desk is also situated in first floor. Any students who want to borrow/return/renew any library material visits the 1st floor where he or she is served.
It has the larger collection of updated books and large reading section where students read books.
It has three conference halls that has a capacity of 400 participants each. It is used to conduct orientation for new students, seminars for information use, university related seminars and meetings.
- Research/writing consultancy services: for students who are taking research where materials are provided in order to assist the conduct quality research.
- Information literacy skills
- Information/literacy search
- Quick reference services
- Access to academic information services
- Circulation services
- Cloak room services.
- Inter library services
- Only registered students are allowed to borrow library materials
- Maximum books to be borrowed are three for 3 days.
- Renewals of books are allowed after three days once
- Bags should be left at the luggage area located in the ground floor.
- Silence should be observed at ALL TIMES
- No discussions in the library reading area
- Umbrellas, overcoats, paper bags and A4 envelops are NOT allowed in the library
- Submit any book or object for inspection when requested by library staff and security personnel
- Do not write, underline or mark any book.
- After reading the library materials, leave on the table or on the book trolley. Please do not shelve them.
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library
- Keep your mobiles silence within the library premises
- Report lost books or other materials to the library immediately to stop overdue fines
- Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material
- USERS should search the catalogue to know the availability of books
- USERS should use shelf guides to know the location of books
- Books lost should be replaced by the borrower.